Another Blackpool(ish) newbie

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DaveyB1981

Evening all,

Just joined the forum today and it looks a good place to be around.

So, I'm Dave and like many others here, I'm just getting back into cycling after realising that my clothes contain a lot more material than they used to! In my case, it took a hospital stay and a (possibly incorrect) diabetes diagnosis to give me a kick up the bum. I'm now fighting fit again, or getting there and loving the sport. If you are interested, I did blog my experiences for a while at daveyb1981.blogspot.com - really must update it!

So, having ridden MTB's for as long as I can remember, I found that my FSR was running slick tyres and suspension pretty much locked out...so I got myself a road bike. Gotta say, I am really enjoying it. My mileage isnt quite what I would like, but managed the Manchester to Blackpool (85 miles for me with the journeys to and from Blackpool) with only an incident with a wet tram track marring the day slightly. Ouch.

Currently debating whether to do the Manchester 100 (miles) in a couple of weeks, trying to find time to get out on the mountain bike and trying not to spend too much money on shiny new bits!

Anyway, that's me.

Dave

Globalti

Legendary Member
Welcome Dave. A group of us rode over to Blackpool last Saturday. You need a variety of different rides including riding with others to keep you fresh.

accountantpete

Brexiteer
Hi Dave
wave.gif

No tram tracks in Cheshire but having had a couple of spills on manhole covers I can sympathise.

Top Bottom