Another cyclist down on Hills Road

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Camgreen

Well Junction of Hills Road and Lensfield Road in Cambridge to be exact.

Large flat bed lorry and a cyclist on a mountain bike have collided; cyclist being attended to as I type; traffic into town is at a standstill and other traffic being diverted.

Judging by the position the lorry is presently in it looks like both were turning left at the junction; cyclist obviously squeezed out - whether by left hook or trying to slip through on the inside of the vehicle.

That must be four RTA incidents along that stretch I've come across in the last ten days.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Is the cyclist responsive?

OP
OP
C

Camgreen

Is the cyclist responsive?

Difficult to say Jonny. I was walking past; from a quick glance - didn't like to stare - as I was directed away from the immediate area the cyclist appear to be in a recovery position. On my return ten minutes later it looked like they were being placed on a stretcher on their back - suggests not quite as life threatening as it might have been perhaps?; didn't look good all the same.

Sadly I have to report that an elderly cyclist was killed at a round 10:30 this morning, there are few details but I belive he was either knocked down or in collision with a lorry that failed to stop I also belive but can not confirm that a driver has now been arrested in connection with this incident, which took place on the Brampton road near to the art college. The cyclist has not been named yet but I will post further information as it comes in.

Top Bottom