Another day another video

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
**WARNING THIS POST CONTAINS VIDEO FOOTAGE**

For how many miles I do a year, I don't actually come across that much bad driving (if you know what I mean).

So I'm cycling along a road this morning minding my own business. I haven't signaled my intention to turn right as there's no one coming toward me and nobody behind me. Straight forward enough? So as you'll see in the video 4x4 pulls out right in front of me. At this point I wasn't too annoyed, I was taking the next right anyway so I just move across to do so. 4x4 man then indicates that he's going that way as well. I look in the window and he's shouting something at me, I can't hear him bit I imagined it wasn't all that nice. I take the decision to allow him to pass as I don't want irate 4x4 man following me up such a narrow street. sooo, I get to the end of the street and he's out of his car getting the kids out for school. As I pass he says "A signal would have been nice" WTF? so then we have an exchange of words.

My point being what difference would me signaling have made to his bad driving and what was the signal for "please don't run me over". I think his point was that he knew he was in the wrong but wasn't going to admit it. At one point he said "you weren't going that fast anyway" well that's OK if you run me over slowly then!

There's another couple of bit of driving that annoyed me, but they were pretty run of the mill.

Here's the link:

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qe_a1RWXga4

Sorry for the long rant!

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
All normal examples of drivers being unable to judge the speed of a bike or that they simply don't care because they are bigger and will pull out anyway.

The signal for “please don’t run me over” while on a bike is to swing one’s d-lock over ones head ensuring it comes within inches of approaching motor vehicle thus making bozo in the driving seat stop in fear of damaging their prize possession…

The drivers were all actors that you paid, you were too far out and travelling too slow, and you had a spelling mistake in one of your titles. Therefore, I conclude that you are in fact magnatom and I claim my £5.

:rolleyes:

(Sorry, I'm off on holiday at the moment and not getting any cycling. I'll get my coat...)

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
As for the OP - yet another numptie car driver in a 4x4.

Col or Mr_Sunshine will be along in a minute or two to tell you to f*ck off the road and stop antagonising them with your haircut (or something similar). :rolleyes:

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Sh4rkyBloke said:

Col or Mr_Sunshine will be along in a minute or two to tell you to f*ck off the road and stop antagonising them with your haircut (or something similar). :biggrin:

:smile:

col

Legendary Member
The 4x4 was a bad driver, it seemed everyone in the street wanted to pull out in front of you.

col

Legendary Member
magnatom said:
The drivers were all actors that you paid, you were too far out and travelling too slow, and you had a spelling mistake in one of your titles. Therefore, I conclude that you are in fact magnatom and I claim my £5.

:biggrin:

(Sorry, I'm off on holiday at the moment and not getting any cycling. I'll get my coat...)

Your constant attempt to make jokes is not going to work on covering up your dangerous ways. We both know what you do :smile:

Sh4rkyBloke said:

Col or Mr_Sunshine will be along in a minute or two to tell you to f*ck off the road and stop antagonising them with your haircut (or something similar). :rolleyes:

You just cant help youself can you shirkyboy :laugh:

shunter

When commuting on motorcycle this sort of thing doesn't happen much but on bicycle it is fairly common. There were a lot of ads on TV showing how difficult it was for car drivers to judge a motorcycles speed when emerging from a junction - maybe they got the message. Perhaps it's time for a similiar campaign on TV for cyclists - maybe it will get the message through to these brain dead drivers.

jimboalee

I shall fix up a mount for my Viewty.
It has a 4gbte card so I can get 1 complete lap of Birmingham's outer circle bus route.

Maybe next Friday afternoon is the motorist's rush to get home. :biggrin:

Top Bottom