Another Hertfordshire ramble. Sunday April 12th

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Would anyone care to join me on the 12th of April for a 30 mile, ish, outing, starting at High Barnet Station and going out through Potters Bar, Brookmans Park, Welham green, Essendon, Bayford, Newgate Street, Northaw and back to Barnet for a couple of pints in the Monken Halt. There are a few hills, but nothing too hard.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Bugger. I would like to, but I'll be away.

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
Paulus, I went along that route today very nice.I got a little lost after newgate st. What time are you thinking of going? What is the average speed?( i'll be coming up from the Oval)
I'll be doing the Tnrttc so i may be a little slow.

OP
OP
Paulus

Paulus

topcat1 said:
Paulus, I went along that route today very nice.I got a little lost after newgate st. What time are you thinking of going? What is the average speed?( i'll be coming up from the Oval)
I'll be doing the Tnrttc so i may be a little slow.

Hi there topcat, i thought meet at 10.30, and the average will only be about 15mph, so nothing to taxing. What is theTnrttc?

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
A spoke snapped just past essenden yesterday so i had to (limp) ride home slowly.
15 mph that's about what i was doing ,1030 cool.

OP
OP
Paulus

Paulus

topcat1 said:
Hello Paulus, i'm still up for this i'll be on either a blue merlin or a litespeed.

See you tomorrow then.
There are a few of my mates coming along so there should be about 5 of us in total. See you at about 10.30.

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
Hello again Paul, i've only just seen your pm. Had a great time and i owe you and Dave a pint.

I arrived early for once and shortly along came Paul with his friends Tom and Dave and we set off on this damp sunday morning (NO PHOTOS sorry) we went for a sweeping ride through Herts passing essendon, epping green, northaw . For such a damp day there was an amazing amount of people out on bikes. Set at a faster pace (18mph) than i'm used to at one stage we were going up hill at 23mph :smile: and shortly we retired to the pub. However this was just a taste of what Herts has to offer and hopefully i'll be back when the suns out for some more.
Thanks Paul Tom and Dave.

Top Bottom