another newbie

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

richard205

Hi,

I'm Richard and have been lurking around this forum for some time now but have never posted.

Anyway, so been into cycling for a long time but moved away from road bikes about 20 years ago to MTB's (darkside) and have at the weekend finally got round to deciding, getting fitted for and buying a roadie. Got to wait for my one to arrive and cannot wait!

Done some 60mile rides on the MTB with knobblies plus a fair few 30 milers but have decided to turn myself inside out by signing up for the essex100 on the 05-09-2010. Nervously looking forward to it and know i need to get some more miles in on the road to a) get used to riding a roadie again and b) its 100 miles, not done this sort of distance before but like a challenge.

Based in Mid-essex, ironically almost the center point for the essex100 so if there are any essex roadies who would be up for a couple of longish rides over the weekends let me know...

Cheers
Richard

Dunbar

Über Member
Hi Richard...

Welcome.
I am a newbie myself (Or at least a returning newbie.) Already I found the folk on this Forum to be most welcoming and helpful. So you landed on your feet.
As did I.
Take care out there.
John :thumbsup:

Benthedoon

Hi Richard,

Im an Essex boy too and a newbie, new to road bikes and proper distances anyway, I rode BMX's for years and did lots of dual slalom and downhill on my MTB but I love my road bike almost un-naturally.
The Essex 100 sounds like a good one I'll keep an eye out for that next year, where abouts is it?

Top Bottom