Another newbie

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fred1

I am a returning cyclist after about 50 years off-bike. I did a lot of cycling in my teens but when I started work and got married I was always stuck for money. Last year a friend gave me a bike and after doing some fixing (even in my teens I did my own bike servicing and repairs), I tried out the Blue Route in the Gisburn Forest about 20 miles from my home in the Ribble Valley. What a revelation! I came back home buzzing with the fun I had experienced. The bike I had was a no-suspension Carrera and I found my sore bum and wrists made me look into full suspension frames on ebay. I bought an aluminium full suspension frame and set about trying to transfer components from one to the other but came a cropper when I found the new-to-me frame did not take calliper brakes. New wheels and disc brakes later I was back on two wheels again. Now I am looking to buy a hard tail aluminium frame which should be lighter and more responsive. I want to transfer the wheels etc from my current full suspension to the as-yet-not found hard tail front suspension frame. The steep learning curve has not reached the point where I have much idea about good and not-so-good frames. My family have given me money for my birthday so I am funded up to a point.

I would appreciate some help and guidance in my search for a frame suitable for my needs. The present full suspension bike I have weighs a whopping 18 kg and I would like to reduce this by a significant amount so that my 72 year old body can cope when I take my grandchildren out on their bikes!

Fred1

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Welcome Fred, Try asking in the mountain biking section of the forum, I'm sure someone there will be able to point you in the right direction.

Top Bottom