Another Newbie!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bungleaio

I just thought I'd say hello before I started posting in the other sections of the forum.
wave.gif

I'm not exactly a newbie to cycling but this time I'm hoping it is going to be the backbone of getting into better shape. I spend most of my time tied to the desk at work so I have managed to get to almost 19 stone, I am 6"3 but it's still a good few stone to much. I have knocked the fags on the head and improved my diet so more excercise is the next step.

A few years ago I did get back in the saddle and I bought myself a very nice Scott Genius MC40 but I bought it on a bit of a whim and it didn't get much use. Unfortunately I am a bit too heavy for this bike now but it has spurred me on to loose the excess and get it back into use as it's a waste being in the garage. It'll take some time to loose some weight though so a different bike is in order.

As the Scott is a full sus MTB I didn't really want to get a hard tail MTB and considering my current size I didn't want to get a full on road bike so I've gone for a hybrid.

Following advice from my local bike shop I've ordered a Specialized Sirrus Sport. I've ordered a couple of upgrades though, some bar ends and some better pedals so that I can use my shoes with SPD cleats.

I've been told by the shop that the bike is ready to collect so I will be down 1st thing on Saturday. I'm really looking forward to getting out on it and racking some serious milage up. Hopefully it won't be too long before the Scott gets to see some action too!

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Welcome to the forum bungleaio :welcome: plenty of advice to be found in this place.

Top Bottom