Another one down

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Another workmate.
Narrow road, oncoming large wagon. Car decides to overtake and when he realises he can’t.. moves in - towards the kerb. Just happens that’s where my workmates cycling. He attempts a last minute escape up a dropped kerb. Doesn’t make it. Water leaves etc.
Loses the front wheel and flies across the pavement, into bollards and lamp post.
Offending vehicle slows, then disappears.
Following vehicle driven by a nurse stops whilst he phones his wife. Stays whilst Mrs turns up.
I don’t know about the bike (I’m getting a 2nd hand report) but after an A&E visit he reports a badly bruised ankle, broken ribs and I’m not sure if he’s got a fracture or badly torn muscles to his shoulder.

Still trying to find out if plods been involved.

400bhp

Guru
Glad your colleague is still with us, albeit not in great shape.

Really hope they catch the driver or the driver hands themselves in at a police station.

sheffgirl

Glad someone stopped. I had a similar experience this morning. Overtaken too closely by a lorry, forced towards the kerb, inevitably hit the kerb and went flying. Fortunately I wasn't badly injured, my knees are a bit of a state though. A nice van driver stopped and checked I was OK :smile: i might send them an email thanking him. It was an NRC van.

Top Bottom