Another one for the stable...briefly

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Will probably sell this on after a while as I don't really need another bike of this type....why did I buy it - because it was there, duh!

2db3zq1.jpg

Couldn't resist a last-second snipe on fleabay and well tidy (the complete bike, not just the frame). It's been kept in very good cosmetic condition, but it seems by regular jetwashing as all the bearings are knackered - and the headset was fused to the fork and some signs of a fair bit of water ingress - took some getting out.

Oh and the guy liked motorbikes - and it seems he's used motorbike tyre levers to fix a puncture - either that or that metal robot dog out of Wallace & Gromit has been chewing the rim - that's a shame as it also means lacing on the rims that will come off the old Raleigh M-Trax (hanging in the background) when I transfer my retro Campag Stheno rims onto that

Stripped down and given a first clean, there is only the one cable run on the head tube and a little scuff behind the B/B on the chainstay. My mate's Subway that he bought on C2W and only ever rode from Halfords to his home has more scratches on it!

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Nice , wish i had kept my subway !

Top Bottom