(Another) Stolen Bianchi in York

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JoeM

Yebbut these gears go to 11
Just got back from a few days hols and found some absolute scummer has nicked the missus bike:

Bianchi Centostrade 2010 in white/celeste
Veloce group
Ambrosio wheels with Vittoria tyres

Sometime between Thursday 5th and Tuesday 10th May

HelenD123

Legendary Member
Just got back from a few days hols and found some absolute scummer has nicked the missus bike:

Bianchi Centostrade 2010 in white/celeste
Veloce group
Ambrosio wheels with Vittoria tyres

Sometime between Thursday 5th and Tuesday 10th May

Where was the bike when it was stolen?

OP
OP
JoeM

JoeM

Where was the bike when it was stolen?

It was in a shed in the back yard - think they used bolt cutters to get past the padlocked door and then somehow managed to lever off two secure mounting points from the brick wall (not that secure then :s).

Had two braided steel cables, one through each wheel and the frame that were padlocked up too, so must have dumped it in a car or van as it would have been impossible to ride/push.

HelenD123

Legendary Member
It was in a shed in the back yard - think they used bolt cutters to get past the padlocked door and then somehow managed to lever off two secure mounting points from the brick wall (not that secure then :s).

Had two braided steel cables, one through each wheel and the frame that were padlocked up too, so must have dumped it in a car or van as it would have been impossible to ride/push.

:ohmy: You've got me worried!

Hobie

Unfortunately proof positive that if they want something they can generally always get it. Difficulty is a) proving ownership, and b) tracking it.

titch124

Just to let you York guys know

There is a gang of lads going round york at the moment aged between 15-20 coming for these bikes. mine was targeted as they saw me in the driveway getting ready to set off, so they knew where i lived. they then came back, first on the bank holiday, when my mrs was stood in the kitchen, so we chased them off.

the next time one of the lads in the gang (well known to the police) was seen knocking at and trying our front door by the local PCSO.

then the next tues i came home from work to find the fence at the back kicked in, the padlock on the door cut off and the bike gone , leaving 2 other mtb's in there so they new exactly what they wanted.

i was lucky, and mike bike was recovered , although i have not got it back yet :sad:

talking to the PCSO these lads have been said to be waiting on some of the main roads around york, watching people on their commute and following them home, so be aware if you are out on your beloved road bike there may be someone watching where you are going.

also having been into the local locksmith, he has suggested to me, get a padlock for the door with high shoulders or one of these round ones, as it makes it hard for them to get cutters on it, and get one of the floor mounts and lock your bike to that , and if it is in and outside shed (like mine was) get one of these alarm kits (about 15-20)

it might just be enough to scare them off

and lastly, i was lucky enough to hear the little scrotes name that was seen on my bike (same one that was tyring the door) moments before he was arrested and the bike was recovered.

so after doing a little research, ill just say that he is part of a well known gypsy family round york, and i think is in the clifton area, but has strong links round tang hall

hope this info might help somone, please pass it on to others in the york area

HelenD123

Legendary Member
Wow, they're persistant! :ohmy: Also worrying that there must be people out there willing to buy these stolen bikes as they seem to be going after very specific types of bike.

:ohmy: You've got me worried!

Me too (though my bikes are of the distinctly old and unexciting variety!) Might have to put the alarm padlock I got from Aldi a while ago on the shed...

I actually left my bike unlocked all morning at work the other day by accident :ohmy: (in an external bike shelter thing, no door, sheffield stands). It was still there at lunchtime, but I've started double checking I've actually locked it now.

I hope they recover the bike JoeM!

OP
OP
JoeM

JoeM

Cheers for all the info - hopefully the police will come up with something if it's more than just a one-off (though I'm not holding my breath).

Deffo going to beef up security one way or another, at the moment I'm thinking of setting up some Indiana Jones style booby traps that will maim the turdbags.

Glad you got your bike back titch! Will let my mates know about all this too.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Hope you get it back. Deffo beef up security. My garage was attacked last weekend, but they couldn't get through the bars. I've since added more bars and an alarm.

Alastair Holmes

I have recently had 2 bikes stolen from a locked garage in the Tang Hall area, again by a well known.
Obviously knew what they were going for as there were 3 bikes in the shed and they only stole my custom 2. Broke in 2 doors down through their passage way then garden hopped, snapped open the lock then back away. Again I have heard that they are connected with the gypsy family. When I said what had happened to my bikes, instantly I've been getting the same name come up and even that I've had a phone call saying that they were trying to sell that bike to someone, yet still the police seem to be able to do nothing!
Specialized P2 custom sprayed in 'Monster Energy' green
Specialized Enduro Size Large in Silver

OP
OP
JoeM

JoeM

f.i. anyone around and about York - looks like the scrotes might be back around targetting bikes again. Got back from town on saturday to find out the neighbour spotted a bloke getting into our back yard and scared him off.

On Sunday morning found that they'd clearly come back that night and tried to get into the shed again (but failed). Bikes aren't even kept in there any more (or at the house for that matter).

Feds coming round tonight but not sure that there'll be any leads...

Top Bottom