Another Welsh newbie!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ajax_Gaz

Shut up Legs!
Hi all

My name's Gaz and i'm from Cardiff. Started cycling again last May (for the first time since i was a kid) after getting a bike through the Cycle to Work Scheme with the aim of spending less money on fuel and losing some weight as well. Spent most of the Summer/Autumn cycling up and down the taff trail (approx 14 miles a day during the week), before taking on an alternative lunch time route over the winter just to keep things ticking over.

Just started the morning cycle into work again last week and thought i need to get some more ideas on cycling gear, meet more like minded people and what not and low and behold i've found this popular, friendly and informative site
biggrin.gif

Current bike is a Specialized Hardrock pro 2010 with road tyres to make the commute a little bit easier. Often feel i should have bought a road bike or hybrid but i swayed to the hardtail with the aim of tackling some of the popular trails (light at first) that south wales has to offer.

I've kept the same username i use on other car forums so if you're also a fellow petrolhead
wave.gif

Cheers!

Gaz

Hi all

My name's Gaz and i'm from Cardiff. Started cycling again last May (for the first time since i was a kid) after getting a bike through the Cycle to Work Scheme with the aim of spending less money on fuel and losing some weight as well. Spent most of the Summer/Autumn cycling up and down the taff trail (approx 14 miles a day during the week), before taking on an alternative lunch time route over the winter just to keep things ticking over.

Just started the morning cycle into work again last week and thought i need to get some more ideas on cycling gear, meet more like minded people and what not and low and behold i've found this popular, friendly and informative site
biggrin.gif

Current bike is a Specialized Hardrock pro 2010 with road tyres to make the commute a little bit easier. Often feel i should have bought a road bike or hybrid but i swayed to the hardtail with the aim of tackling some of the popular trails (light at first) that south wales has to offer.

I've kept the same username i use on other car forums so if you're also a fellow petrolhead
wave.gif

Cheers!

Gaz

Hi and :welcome: to cyclechat.

Top Bottom