Ant+ Pairing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StevePurcell_SCC

Is it normal that every time I log in to Bkool I have to re pair everything? I also get the message No Ant+ quite a lot and have to unplug and re plug my dongle in. I'm using an iMac
Cheers

ANT 666

Trying to re member
You can re plug my dongle if you like.

RickB

professional procrastinator
Is it normal that every time I log in to Bkool I have to re pair everything? I also get the message No Ant+ quite a lot and have to unplug and re plug my dongle in. I'm using an iMac
Cheers
Not normal on my Windows PC. Do you use a usb extension cable to get the dongle close to the bkool unit? Don't know if that would make a difference TBH as that's usually the cure for drop outs during rides rather than pairing.

RickB

professional procrastinator
Maybe a Mac related problem? Really no idea so hopefully someone else will be able to relate better. Sorry I can't suggest anything else. :blush:

g00se

Veteran
I have a mac and it does remember unless I've had bkool or Zwift crash just prior to trying to run the bkool simulator. Then it seems that the previous app still has 'hold' of the ant devices. Have to restart or re-pair.

Do you have any other ant+ software running line garmin etc? That may keep hold of the other devices.

U

User33236

I Steve I use Bkool on my MacBook Pro. It picks up any previously paired ANT+ devices 95% of the time. I can only think of one instance in the past month where I have had to re-pair devices and that was before my extesion cable arrived.

I also do not use the ANT+ dongle supplied with it though as I had one todrop out when using it and already had a cheapo one off of eBay that I had been using without issue. It's physically an awful lot bigger to likely to have a larger antenna.

That particular Mac also doesn't have any other ANT+ software on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom