Anti-pollution masks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
They'll keep the larger stuff out, but not petrol or diesel. Closed system required for that job.
ipLlqU
I hear an echo...
 
Even if they were effective (which they aren't), you'd be better off wearing one in a car than on a bike:
http://www.copenhagenize.com/2008/03/cyclists-can-breathe-easy.html

Makes for suprising (to me at least) and encouraging reading. Thanks for sharing :-)
 

Dogtrousers

Lefty tighty. Get it righty.
Sitting outside Heathrow airport a while ago I saw a funny sight. A coach pulled up and disgorged a group of passengers, all wearing face masks. They promptly removed their masks and all sparked up fags.
 
There's a theory (I don't believe it's been tested) that masks could make it worse, as you have to breathe harder wearing one, so you may draw the fine particulates deeper into your lungs, and has been said several times above - these are the most dangerous.
 
I tried one just to reduce initial cold air intake to my throat on frosty mornings.
It didn't fit that well & soon slipped down.
It kinda worked for cold air for a while but would have been useless as pollution reduction.
 
Top Bottom