Any Builders, Brickies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ozboz

Guru

Have you ever seen anything like this for a brickwork finish ? I nearly fell over , that house is in the £2m bracket area , got me ‘

Adam4868

Guru
Looks like what is called a morter wash.Bit like a slurry coat put on the brick.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
We don't have anything like this around here. These stock photos are from the Bristol area. I think they have such brightly painted cottages in the tv program Doc Martin. Yes,i know Bristol isn't in Cornwall :rolleyes:,but is painting houses in bright colours a 'southern thing' and if you own such a home,are you expected to keep that colour whether you like it or not?

1588892423235.png

1588892454586.png

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
No! For example - see Tobermory on the Isle of Mull... Picture by (a different) Colin - details.

View attachment 520726
Yeah,but i meant southern England,not southern Britain. I knew they had them in Scotland of course!:whistle: ;)

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
We don't have anything like this around here. These stock photos are from the Bristol area. I think they have such brightly painted cottages in the tv program Doc Martin. Yes,i know Bristol isn't in Cornwall :rolleyes:,but is painting houses in bright colours a 'southern thing' and if you own such a home,are you expected to keep that colour whether you like it or not?

View attachment 520718

View attachment 520719
Reminds me of Flimby on the Cumbrian coast north of Workington! Are a lot of people colourblind - perhaps they think they're all nice tones of subtle grey. :becool:

irw

Quadricyclist

View attachment 520718

View attachment 520719
:eek:
Maybe there was something in that artist's bridge impression after all...! Feel a bit sorry for taking the mickey out of it now..!

Top Bottom