Any CADD8 riders

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RedMG

Regular
I use Crud roadracer on my CAAD8, worked OK once I had spent a lot of time fitting them.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
SKS Raceblade Long.

Forget crud roadracers (crud by name, crud by nature) unless you plant to hack a Raceblade and a roadracer together for the front mech protection or you have no room for the Raceblade (which is not the case with a CAAD8).

adamhearn

Veteran
Even though they are a bit Marmite, Crud Roadracer Mk2's. Assuming you have 5mm or so clearance under the brake calipers they're pretty easy to fit. Unlike the SKS units, protection under the calpers and the front mech/chainset especially is great.

Cons - they can be fiddly to fit with poor clearance; they are possibly a little fragile
Pros - good protection, lightweight and have a stealthy look

Nomadski

I Like Bikes
SKS Raceblade Long.

Forget crud roadracers (crud by name, crud by nature) unless you plant to hack a Raceblade and a roadracer together for the front mech protection or you have no room for the Raceblade (which is not the case with a CAAD8).

+1 for the Raceblade Longs. Deffo going with these when mudguard time comes. I like the idea that once fitted the clip running below the calipers allow a quick removal / fitting as required on a day to day basis, the blades just attach to the clip, no faffing, job done.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
+1 for the Raceblade Longs. Deffo going with these when mudguard time comes. I like the idea that once fitted the clip running below the calipers allow a quick removal / fitting as required on a day to day basis, the blades just attach to the clip, no faffing, job done.

Even better if you find someone with a broken Crud Roadracer they will donate, you can cut it down keeping only the front mech protector then rivet it onto the Raceblade longs to get the best of both worlds, sturdy, easy to remove and great coverage of the Raceblade long with the front mech and chainset protection of the Crud roadracer!

The Raceblade longs do give better coverage than the Crud Roadracers, take it from someone who has ridden behind people with all sorts of different guards! After I bought mine last year a few people in the club made the switch having noticed how good they are.

Yesterday was mudguard day fella. Mine arrive tomorrow.

Top Bottom