Any central heating engineers on here?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Recently, my 13 year old Vaillant combi boiler has developped a mind of its own. The central heating comes when it feels like it , even when the temperature is over 20 degrees outside. It is controlled by Hive and that is set very low at the moment ( 10 degrees). I have turned the temperature control down for c/h on the boiler but I am not confident it will be sufficient. What shall I do? Call an engineer? Will I need another boiler? Thanks in advance.

classic33

Leg End Member
Comfort Setting?
Check for a "c" on the display.

Any power outages recently.

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Is it coming on at the same time as you use hot water?
No, just when it feels like it. Anyway, I have a service contract with Corgi and have contacted them. An engineer will call me within 24 hours to book an appointment. It will cost me £60 though! Rip off considering I pay a monthly fee already but I have no choice, that's the way the service industry seem to work nowadays.

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
When the boiler comes on, does your Hive App still show the Central Heating set to Off? Just wondering if someone has hacked your account.

classic33

Leg End Member
No, just when it feels like it. Anyway, I have a service contract with Corgi and have contacted them. An engineer will call me within 24 hours to book an appointment. It will cost me £60 though! Rip off considering I pay a monthly fee already but I have no choice, that's the way the service industry seem to work nowadays.
Corgi being Catalogue of Registered Gas Installers?

It's been GasSafe for years now.

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Update on the c/h. The engineer has been and the boiler needs a new pump and a new diverter. I am glad I am not paying for that as the parts are expensive he said.:whistle:
Worth paying my insurance premium then. ^_^

Dave7

Legendary Member
Update on the c/h. The engineer has been and the boiler needs a new pump and a new diverter. I am glad I am not paying for that as the parts are expensive he said.:whistle:
Worth paying my insurance premium then. ^_^
Surprised your insurance will pay out for "wear and tear"........unless it is specific of course.
Nice result if it does though ^_^

Top Bottom