Any cycle clubs near MK

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lars

Hi, Moving into the rural countryside of Bucks this week, just wondering if there are any cycle clubs around, south of Milton keynes area.

For my bike purchase I am looking at the Carrera TDF limited Edition from Halfords, this is based purely on a £ issue to see if I will enjoy returning to bike biking again after a great number of years away.

My first aim is to learn to ride in a straight line again, tells you something about my lack of practice, and tackle general fitness + enjoy the countryside.

Apart from the above I love watching TDF and hope to one day ride across the pyrenees closing followed by an ambulance with resuscitation equipment!

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Here's a few, I've certainly missed some in the area.

Team MK

Hemel Hempstead CC

I'm a member of the above club if you have any questions

North Bucks Road Club

CC Luton

Icknield Road Club

beancounter

Hi Lars,

I live just outside Leighton Buzzard and I work in Milton Keynes. There's lost of nice countryside to ride around.

I'm not in a club myself but I often see club rides on Saturday and Sunday mornings, I believe one club (probably MK) meets around 9 o'clock Saturday morning in Stony Stratford, not far from here:-

http://www.twenty3c.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=frontpage&Itemid=1

which is a great cycle shop.

Happy riding

bc

bauldbairn

Hello Lars and Welcome to the CC forums. :smile:

Good luck with your return to cycling.

Hopefully you'll find a suitable club in your area that'll encourage/inspire and support you. B)

Proto

Legendary Member
Hi, Moving into the rural countryside of Bucks this week, just wondering if there are any cycle clubs around, south of Milton keynes area.

For my bike purchase I am looking at the Carrera TDF limited Edition from Halfords, this is based purely on a £ issue to see if I will enjoy returning to bike biking again after a great number of years away.

My first aim is to learn to ride in a straight line again, tells you something about my lack of practice, and tackle general fitness + enjoy the countryside.

Apart from the above I love watching TDF and hope to one day ride across the pyrenees closing followed by an ambulance with resuscitation equipment!

Depending on location relative to MK, but the Bicester Millennium are a very decent bunch.

RussF

Hi Lars,
I'm a member of Bicester and can recommend them.
At the moment we have 3 club runs on a Sunday of varying distances.
There are also runs on a Saturday all leave from Bicester North station.
They are a very welcoming bunch so if you're in the area come along I'm sure you'll enjoy it/
Oh and I'm new on here too

RussF

Hi Lars,
I'm a member of Bicester and can recommend them.
At the moment we have 3 club runs on a Sunday of varying distances.
There are also runs on a Saturday all leave from Bicester North station.
They are a very welcoming bunch so if you're in the area come along I'm sure you'll enjoy it/
Oh and I'm new on here too

Top Bottom