England : Buckinghamshire Any Cycling Clubs in Milton Keynes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Depending on the kind of cycling you're into, Milton Keynes Cyclists' Touring Club (CTC) might be worth contacting.

OP
OP
naminder

naminder

Thanks guys. Team Mk cycling group meet out side my work place every Saturday morning. I've never taken much notice of them in the past, but will try and say hello when they return at 2.

I was looking for a group to join for some motivation over the winter months. Nothing too serious, i'm not into busting a gut.

defy-one

Most clubs will have a slow,medium and fast rides/groups.
The website should be able to give you average speeds over a 10 mile ride.
If your not sure - start with the slow group and work your way up to medium and fast.

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
The CTC used to run shorter, slower rides at the beginning of each month, but there aren't any details on their website for 2012 rides - if you contact Rich Forrest (who is a lovely chap) via the link am sure he'll let you know what's on.

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
I'd probably try CTC, when I looked a while back (also from MK), I didnt fancy the lyrcra roadie groups doing close formation laps of the bowl and fast rides. Theres also Skyride Locals that might be decent for finding something :smile:

OP
OP
naminder

naminder

The CTC website does gives details of an aptly named Easy Rider group, which I might try and join, 20 miles around the woods and Willen Lake sounds ideal.
The Stony group ride on Saturdays and I often have to work then.
I couldn't see any groups on the Phil Corley site though.
Thanks again

Top Bottom