Any good Smart phone recommendations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My phone is dying. In fact really it's been dead a while but it can be resuscitated for when I need it using various, remove the battery, press this key, that key, etc..... However when it's in my pocket I don't know if it's arrested and needs resuscitating and I've missed a few important calls lately.

So I need a new one and I might as well get one that combines phone and organiser and MP3 and has a camera. So......which one?

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
X1

Had a look at the google G1 the other day. Looked good and had a keyboard that my fat fingers could actually use. T mobile only though at the mo.
I was going to get an iPhone but don't like all the tie ins to Apple store and iTunes.

OP
OP
C

Crackle

THe G1 is interesting but the operating system is too new. Don't want a proprietary system so Windoze, Palm or Symbian.

johnnyh

Veteran
Crackle said:
Is that Windows the Diamond, I know the new HTC one is?

Yep, HTC Touch Diamond is Windows 6, so mins to sync up with my Outlook and I no longer carry a small laptop most of the time.

OP
OP
C

Crackle

johnnyh said:
Yep, HTC Touch Diamond is Windows 6, so mins to sync up with my Outlook and I no longer carry a small laptop most of the time.

Thanks Johnnyh. I just found the HTC website and that is an impressive looking phone, gets good reviews and is on my network. I think that and the Samsung Omnia are current faves.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Certainly not top of the range, and not a touch phone, but I have Nokia n73, which is a good phone, a decent camera (carl zeiss lens, 3.summat megapixels) plus (within my very reasonable tarriff) I use it for internet/email all the time. All sorts of freeware about to to jazz things up a bit. I also have a 2 gig card in it, so it's my mp3 player too.

jubblyray

the iphone 3g is a good contender for a new multi phone/app platform tool , i use trailguru and google earth and i`m over the moon with the results, if you dont mind being stuck with o2 it`s a good phone and ipod and loads of apps for it if you want, with an adaptor you can use it on other networks

OP
OP
C

Crackle

jubblyray said:
the iphone 3g is a good contender for a new multi phone/app platform tool , i use trailguru and google earth and i`m over the moon with the results, if you dont mind being stuck with o2 it`s a good phone and ipod and loads of apps for it if you want, with an adaptor you can use it on other networks

I looked at it, nice phone but it doesn't do what I want which is more around Outlook and Office stuff, maybe it will in the future but right now it's a bit short on add-on apps. Also O2 is no good for me as the whole family is on Orange.

johnnyh

Veteran
Crackle said:
Thanks Johnnyh. I just found the HTC website and that is an impressive looking phone, gets good reviews and is on my network. I think that and the Samsung Omnia are current faves.

providing you arent on O2, just call the provider and say you want the HTC or you are off to get an iPhone - didnt pay a penny for mine :wacko:

Top Bottom