Any MYO RXP Owners in the house?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AlanW

Guru
Assuming that there are, a quick question or two. ;)

1) Is it a problem running it at the highest setting, or more specifically in the unregulated zone?

2) Is there a maximum period of time that you can run it in this mode?

I appreciate that when running it at its maximum setting, the boost function is rendered useless, but to be honest thats not an issue. I need maximum light when I turn it on, and not have a hold a tiny boost button down. :biggrin: Which is especially difficult with winter gloves on this time of year.

3) When its in this unregulated mode, the small battery indicator light flashes green, will this still change colour to show the battery life, as it does when its in the normal regulated mode and the light is constant?

andrew_s

Legendary Member
I seldom use maximum - I swapped round the levels so mine is low/medium/max/flash. However I don't know of any restrictions, and I haven't found any in use.
The battery indicator works as advertised in all levels. By the time you get the flash and the indicator turns orange most of the levels have dropped out of regulation anyway.

If you have an older Myo XP, one difference is that the boost button no longer functions as a mode selection reset, where a brief flash of boost allows you to change levels without turning the light off.

OP
OP
AlanW

AlanW

Guru
Thanks for that, mine is the latest version, well at least it should be as I only bought it last week!

I intend to use it for the odd evening MTB ride, so as I said in my first post I would really like to operate it on max power, most, if not all of the time.

The boost function is a bit dissappointing though I have to admit, I "assumed" that when you clicked it on, it stayed on for a given period of time. But sadly not, its only on boost as long for as you keep your finger pressed on the button. :tongue:

So if you need max power, you have to ride one handed....I don't think so! :biggrin:

But other than that, I'm happy with it. :biggrin:

However, I have since replaced the OE batteries for a set of Ansmann, 2850mAH rechargeable batteries to give me a bit more burn time. But I haven't tried it out for any length of time with these fitted, so I cannot comment on the actually duration. :laugh:

Top Bottom