Any North Wales area cyclists?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
I live in the North Wales area and was wondering how many other people do? I see very few other cyclists when I am out and about so was wondering if there were that were secretly hiding or just dont go riding all the time.

If there are people near me, then how about we go for a ride some time? I could stretch my legs to go to Chester or Wrexham area as well.

al-fresco

Growing older but not up...
Prestatyn? Damned hilly by there! I had a ride out there on the day of the Royal Wedding back in April and found myself pushing up one or two of them. I'm wondering about doing a coastal ride to Holyhead and catching the train back sometime. There are a couple of us (me and Pubrunner) just over the border in England. We're off on the Hereford to Hay-on-Wye ride in a week or so - nearest thing I've seen to a 'local' CC ride so far.

pubrunner

Legendary Member
There are a couple of us (me and Pubrunner) just over the border in England.

Hmm, perhaps we should organise a ride of our own for this area; there are some cracking roads for cycling around these parts - I bet I could rustle together half a dozen or so, riders.

Robin might be up for it . . . . . . . just when he's got over tumbling off his bike . . . . . . . was it drink related ? :biggrin:

pubrunner

Legendary Member
I regularly in Prestatyn, but usually on the MTB towing a tag-a-long !

Hey Fossy, perhaps we could organise a ride out with you guys in South Mcr/North Cheshire ?

I know that I can get to places such as Altrincham in just over an hour . . . . . . . by car, not bike. :biggrin:

Most of my cycling is usually towing a tag-a-long; but with a racing bike, rather than a MTB.

al-fresco

Growing older but not up...
Robin might be up for it . . . . . . . just when he's got over tumbling off his bike . . . . . . . was it drink related ? :biggrin:

I'm afraid so - we'd been up at the Docks in Selattyn and, while I tootled off home, he called in for a "half" at the Last.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Hey Fossy, perhaps we could organise a ride out with you guys in South Mcr/North Cheshire ?

I know that I can get to places such as Altrincham in just over an hour . . . . . . . by car, not bike. :biggrin:

Most of my cycling is usually towing a tag-a-long; but with a racing bike, rather than a MTB.

We've got one due on 25th September - a Jodrell Bank ride

Here we are !

Top Bottom