Any recumbent riders in the Teesside area

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

paul fellows

p { margin-bottom: 0.25cm; line-height: 120%; }

I am Paul from Middlesbrough, I am still trying to think about how I am going to build my trike from the bits that I have got.

Totally unrelated this might amuse you.

<Ode to the Spell Checker>

Eye halve a spelling chequer
It came with my pea sea
It plainly marques four my revue
Miss steaks eye kin knot sea.

Eye strike a key and type a word
And weight four it two say
Weather eye am wrong oar write
It shows me strait a weigh.

As soon as a mist ache is maid
It nose bee fore two long
And eye can put the error rite
Its rare lea ever wrong.

Eye have run this poem threw it
I am shore your pleased two no
Its letter perfect awl the weigh
My chequer tolled me sew.

I got this of a chess forum where it was posted by Annie K

Falco Frank

Über Member
Thanks Paul, yes, newbie clocking in, other side of Hartlepool but was in Billingham for many years.

Thinking of doing the Stokesley charity ride this Sunday but other factors will decide for me, its a great event:

http://stokesleycharityride.org.uk/

Just crack me around the head if I decide to be daft enough to go on my 'bent but, safety in numbers :laugh:

I'm on a steep learning curve at the moment so will be back to pose questions, I'm sure!

For my sins, I'm a shift worker near Wilton so still travel into Teesside often, just means my availability is never constant.

Cheers - Frank

Falco Frank

Über Member
The charity ride went ok, got some really nice comments on my 'bent but some awful stares and being ignored from other cyclists that I simply didnt expect!

I was really having fun riding the flat but then the hills started and by the time I'd pushed more than half way up I was shattered and had to skip back to the start.

Trying to think of nice FLAT roads in Teesside and not that many come to mind. Obviously a tea/coffee/cafe stop needs to be involved lol.

Cheers - Frank

OP
OP
K

k4wils

Apologies for not replying to the thread earlier, work getting in the way of riding.
Hills can be a problem round here, my last "off" was whilst climbing from Swainby over to Osmotherly. The hairpins towards the top were wet, potholed and covered in gravel. Not ideal conditions when you are struggling to make the pedals turn!
I am currnetly limited to the trike - no issues there except being a couple of MPH slower overall and a lot slower uphill!
If I want a flatter ride I head out south west of Stockton, but that is easier for me as I live towards thet side of Teesside.
What are you riding Gasman?

Top Bottom