Any views on this...:?:

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

http://www.kinesisdecade.co.uk/product.php?id=3

Convert2_Red_Hori.jpg

As I may be acquiring one....

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Depends on the strength of the adjustable dropouts :biggrin:

skwerl

how often is someone likely to switch it between geared and fixed? there's quite a bit of effort involved in doing so and I can't imagine anyone will bother. more than once a year would be a pain in the arse. I suppose you could fix it ready for winter. I'd rather have two bikes, after all, all you need is a second frame. very few other components will be universal

RedBike

I can imagine that regularly swapping from gears to fixed will become a pain. It will effectively mean completely re-building the bike each time.

At £375 it strikes me as a little costly for such a heavy alloy frame.
Perhaps the Surley Cross check, Cotic Roadrat are worth a look?
(I'm sure they'll be loads of others too.)

These frames are steel and spaced so they can fit either a 130 or a 135mm hub. They take gears (even discs) yet they have track ends.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
I was half thinking of getting one myself and perhaps 'fixing' it over the winter. But then a racelight T might be a better all-round option to replace the (now shagged) fondie.

But I think it's got an intergrated headset, n'est ce pas?

briank

Unless you have
(a) no storage space
(:smile: lots of time on your hands
two bikes seems a better idea.
(There again, I've got seven.:smile:)

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

RedBike said:
I can imagine that regularly swapping from gears to fixed will become a pain. It will effectively mean completely re-building the bike each time.

At £375 it strikes me as a little costly for such a heavy alloy frame.
Perhaps the Surley Cross check, Cotic Roadrat are worth a look?
(I'm sure they'll be loads of others too.)

These frames are steel and spaced so they can fit either a 130 or a 135mm hub. They take gears (even discs) yet they have track ends.

Red: thats quite a standard weight for a bike, Thats the thing about you - your statements are like the be and know all..yet there can be a fair bit varience about your viewpoints...

Anyhow - I feel thats a standard weight - if your a strong ****er then who's arsed :biggrin:

Looks interesting Yenners. I like the concept, hardly difficult to convert if you intend to do periods of fixed, periods of gears but not one for a 'I fancy...' urge. What's the thinkin' then?

kyuss

Veteran
Kinesis make great VFM bikes, their warranty support is second to none, it's good looking, a decent price and if it's half as good as my KiC2 will ride great. What's not to like.

I like the fact it can be set up however you like too. Obviously you're not going to be swapping from gears to fixed every other week, but I wish my old road bike had such a clever dropout on it as I liked the ride and it would have saved me buying another bike now that I've caught the fixed gear bug.

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

Crackle said:
Looks interesting Yenners. I like the concept, hardly difficult to convert if you intend to do periods of fixed, periods of gears but not one for a 'I fancy...' urge. What's the thinkin' then?

THE ANGLES AND THE GEOMETRY Crack !

Can guarantee i'd NEVER use it as a fixed - what a waste of metal they are !

Top Bottom