Anybody brave it today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mickwood

Just got back from my first ever 35 mile (in one go) ride and I'm knackered! (and bruised, some plank almost ran me over but I managed to pull the bike back but not without bruising the inside of my left leg!)

I had it all today, torrential rain, a detour due to missing my turning, Snow blizzards, great country pub, frostbite (well not actually but I couldn't feel the fingers for a while!) a walk up one hill and a digging in deep moment where I decided I wasn't gonna walk anymore hills......oh and then the eedjit trying to run me over....all followed by a lovely hot bath! And I had a great day :tongue:

It made a good blog entry at the very least!! ;)

How were your rides?

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
I did about 20miles today, no computer. No time for anymore miles:sad:
I had a woman pass me while i was getting up to the queue for some lights, i brakes, and went around her, hit her car with my hand then stopped infront of her and smiled at her:smile:
Then had someone in a car( Ford S-max) pull out from a side road, with no-where to go. They honked their horn at me and i just waved and went around them.
Scared this woman in a car that blocked my turning, even though it says keep clear on the road, got through the gap between her car and the car infront.
Had a few drivers honk at me and point to the pavement, gave them a cheery wave.
So, it was some good fun:thumbsup:;)
There was rain, saw it coming and dived into a bus shelter and hid:laugh:
And yesterday, someone had to slow down behind the group, so he floored it past us, went around the roundabout and as he was coming back down the road, emptied the contents of his ash tray for us. Didnt get us, just abit of dust. Sad twat:laugh:

HelenD123

Guru
A very wet commute in this morning. I looked like a drowned rat when I arrived! The ride home was much more pleasant.

derall

Guru
Rain, sleet, thunder & lightning, but fairly light winds on my 40k. Roads were treacherous though, covered in detritus from the recent storm. mud and flints washed off the fields and hills, branches and other splintered wood trying to seek out my tyres, some localised flooding. Enjoyed the ride though, quite refreshing!

Top Bottom