Anybody doing the Robin Hood on 2nd Nov

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BMR

Hi there, Team BMR are thinking of entering the Robin Hood 2008 British Heart Foundation Mountain Bike Ride on 2nd November 2008, and we were wondering if there are any more folk off here that are thinking of taking part in this event as its for a good cause.
If we are going to attempt the 36 mile course then you should be able to do this as our "team" consists of geriatric criple (me), 2 overweight civil servants and a stick insect.:rolleyes: For more information google Robin Hood Bike Ride 2008 on Google

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
I think I'm doing something that weekend, otherwise your offer sounds interesting. I'm sure people here'll sponsor you.

OP
OP
BMR

BMR

Started collecting sponsors today. I am planning a little training ride this weekend Langley Mill to Trent Lock and back again on the canal tow path 21 miles, I will let you know how I get on.

OP
OP
BMR

BMR

I didnt get out on the training ride this weekend as I picked up another brand new (only done 2 miles, 2 month old budget bike). Its a Shockwave XT950 (full suspension, alloy, duel disc, 21 speed - unmarked) Its exactly as it came from Halfords (unfortunatly) rear wheel bearing play, handlebars not fitted in centre of stem, more cable play than my old petrol mower pull start. Ordered pair of ratchet shifters for it instead of twist change and will strip, lube, adjust and prep this bike for the 36 mile charity ride. Does anyone know if I can get a kickstand for this bike as the crank height is very high and the rear dropouts a strange shape.

Top Bottom