Anybody else still using film cameras?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Andy in Sig

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
well this is refreshing!

although I'm digital these days, I think film is much nicer, especially medium or large format films.

The downside for me and film is i never got round to getting them developed, in fact I've had 20-30 35mm films in my fridge for 15-20 years and still aint got them developed!

Keep film alive... you lot :whistle:

I've still got two film cameras which were brilliant but must admit to being converted to digital a few years ago. I never developed my own, although my Grandad used to be a photographer and did all his own (in the bathroom) but I'm afraid I like the instancy of digital.

In March I was lucky enough to win a Leica D-Lux 5! I absolutely LOVE it. I suppose the Panasonic equivalent is as good but I am so proud of this one. I was so lucky! Just for the record, I won it at the opening of David Stephens new Leica Dealership in Manchester. The event was chocker full of guys with every piece of the L equipment you could think of. I can't say how excited I was to go and pick it up!

Melvil

Just out of interest, where are you going to get it processed now ?

ETA - meant to say that in the unlikely event of anybody being interested, this is what I got up to until recently.

That is a lovely site, but much more than that, I loved your words, very direct, confident and to the point. Sorry to hear that its going to end.

DTD

Veteran
One point about the permanence of digital images over prints…

Because of the likes of Flickr, FaceBook and other social media, images that are shared online end up in caches, or 'borrowed' on other sites, commented upon etc. This means they may have a life way beyond an enprint stored with its negative in an envelope.

The metadata attached to a digital image makes it much more findable for future generations, people sharing their snaps online potentially form a much more interesting archive for future generations than most people's attempts at taking 'Practical Photography' style pictures.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Just out of interest, where are you going to get it processed now ?

ETA - meant to say that in the unlikely event of anybody being interested, this is what I got up to until recently.

Kodachrome is still processed by the Swiss now,you just send it in the little envelope you get with the the film,not exactly photo's in minutes but it's all you get now if you want to use the old stuff.

Top Bottom