Anybody got a 19/20 tooth freewheel lying about

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jim55

Guru
Iv got an 18 on mine and I'm afraid my legs are just not up to it, il have to work up to it , up till now iv been geared and ss is a lot harder A few quid for a used one is better in your pocket than buying a brand new one, any takers

zigzag

Veteran
i don't think they make freewheels bigger than 18t (they are usually 16t, 17t and 18t). there are smaller ones for bmx hubs with a different thread. maybe try getting a smaller chainring instead?

tyred

Legendary Member
20t freewheels are available on Ebay from a number of sources. Basic ones start at about a fiver.

If anyone knows of the existence of a 19t (apart from the White Industries one), I would like to know about it as I find 46/18 on my pre-war Elswick a little high and find 46/20 a little low so I figure 46/19 would be perfection.

Smurfy

Naturist Smurf
Iv got an 18 on mine and I'm afraid my legs are just not up to it, il have to work up to it , up till now iv been geared and ss is a lot harder A few quid for a used one is better in your pocket than buying a brand new one, any takers

I don't have one, but it would be helpful to specify 3/32 or 1/8.

If you don't get a reply then this one is pretty cheap, but won't fit unless you have 1/8 chain:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Diamondback-20T-BMX-Freewheel-M30/dp/B001QWG37U

Bear in mind you might run out of chain for a 20T, in that case it could be cheaper to buy a slightly smaller chainring rather than buying a new freewheel and a new chain.

i don't think they make freewheels bigger than 18t (they are usually 16t, 17t and 18t). there are smaller ones for bmx hubs with a different thread. maybe try getting a smaller chainring instead?

White Industries does one in 19T, but they are the Rolls Royce of freewheels and priced accordingly!

20t freewheels are available on Ebay from a number of sources. Basic ones start at about a fiver.

If anyone knows of the existence of a 19t (apart from the White Industries one), I would like to know about it as I find 46/18 on my pre-war Elswick a little high and find 46/20 a little low so I figure 46/19 would be perfection.

There are a few about, but don't expect to find one in your LBS. This one is in the US, but still cheaper than White Industries, even with the postage:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ACS-Crossfire-Freewheel-19t-Gun-Metal-/250959385232

I think Dicta make a 19T, but I've never seen a UK stockist.

OP
OP
jim55

jim55

Guru
it is indeed a 1/8 chain ,,but good point about the chain not being long enough ,im gona go down the smaller (42 i think))chainring route ,,thanks

tyred

Legendary Member
Yep, I have a 22t freewheel in my freewheel collection box. I'm keeping it for the occasion I end up with a 28" wheeled single speed roadster.

Top Bottom