Anybody up for a last minute Sea 2 Sea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As in this one:

http://charityadventure.org.uk/sea2sea2008.aspx

Just had an email from one of the guys organising it, a few people have dropped out last minute and they are 3 people short of a full team and desperate to fill it.... He asked to forward it on to anybody who might be interested, so I thought this might be the best place! :angry:

If their Amsterdame ride is anything to go by, it should be ace - just wish I could get the time off work, sleeping on a Rock Tour bus sounds like an interesting experience! :sad:

A Nutter

Gary Kenny - a cycling quizmaster
If I had the spare cash I would!

OP
OP
punkypossum

punkypossum

Donut Devil
I know, I would struggle even if I could get the time off... However, it does include transportation from Castleford on the evening of Thursday 9th October to Whitehaven, accommodation throughout the trip, food on Friday morning and lunchtime and of course transportation back to Castleford from Sunderland on the Sunday evening...

Wah, I'm starting to sound like a salesrep!!!! :angry:

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
I'd love to do this at some point in the not too distant. Is a road bike suitable for the trip along the route you did? Or would I have to drag out my old hybrid?

Tell me Mrs Sales Rep PP, tell me!! :laugh:;)

OP
OP
punkypossum

punkypossum

Donut Devil
Hi Sharky, I really don't know as I've only done the Amsterdame (that's definitely a hybrid rather than roadbike job), but if you email the guys (details on the contact page), they will give you all the info you need - they are really nice, so don't worry about emailing and then not going or anything like that... (oops, salesrep speak coming out again :biggrin:)

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Most of the road is ok for a road bike, but some parts are really not suitable for a road bike, I did it on my hybrid earlier this year & some parts were hard going on the hybrid :wahhey:
The cost isn't too bad. I did it for about £100, having 2 overnight stops & free travel there & back :smile:
I'd like to do it again, but working all that weekend :bicycle:

OP
OP
punkypossum

punkypossum

Donut Devil
Jaded said:
Sounds like you need to budget for about 50 inner tubes each too...

Nah, that's very 2006...last year was less freaky on the puncture front from what I've heard... :biggrin:

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Apparently there used to be a lot of broken glass around the east side of the route, but I didn't suffer from any loss of air with my marathon+s

Danny

Legendary Member
Would love to do the ride, but not sure I have time to raise any sponsorship between now and then.

Also not sure what I think about sleeping in a bus. You could stay in nice B&Bs for the same price.

Top Bottom