Anybody using internet cashback sites?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
A colleague in our Accounts dept has recommended that I look at some cashback sites; apparently you accumulate cash in an account every time you buy already discounted goods through their site. He recommends:

Greasy Palms
Quicko
Top Cash Back
Internet Cashback
Cashback Kings
Cashback Wow

Admittedly some of the names don't inspire too much confidence but has anybody tried any of these?

Maz

Guru
You mean something like Quidco, that Magnatom uses?
http://cycle-cafe.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16714&highlight=quidco

For some reason, I don't like the idea of it. I wish I could qualify that statement.

GrahamG

Guru
I've used topcashback and quidco - probably had over £150 back in total. You just have to be a bit cautious using them as it can be tempting to assume that it's worth doing when in fact it might be cheaper still from another retailer without the cash back. Check moneysavingexpert.com for more details.

Maz said:
You mean something like Quidco, that Magnatom uses?
http://cycle-cafe.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16714&highlight=quidco

For some reason, I don't like the idea of it. I wish I could qualify that statement.

What's not to like? I've got lots of money over the last year and I am about to see if I can get some cash back on car insurance. Last time around I got about £70 back on insurance I would have bought anyway!

I'd much rather have the money, rather than some referring website!:biggrin:

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
In the end I would rather just get a good discount than a small discount plus the effort of reclaiming my cash. The whole cashback idea works on the understanding that consumers are stupid.

HelenD123

Guru
No, you can often get both the good discount and the cashback. Getting the cashback is no hassle, just a matter of clicking through a few links.

Rigid Raider said:
In the end I would rather just get a good discount than a small discount plus the effort of reclaiming my cash. The whole cashback idea works on the understanding that consumers are stupid.

Eh? With insurance I look for the best product, as I would always. Then I look on quidco, see if it is listed (often is). If it is I use that as well and save significant (£70 is significant to me) amounts of money.

My personal opinion is that it is a little daft not to claim the cash back for what is a few minutes worth of work. You don't have to do anything to get the money back. It's all automatic.

Top Bottom