Anyone do tour of the hills (surrey) today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thomas

the tank engine
Just got back from my club's Audax ride - Tour of the Hills.

Did 90s miles all in all - my longest day all year. I'm pretty damn knackered, but not as much as I was last year :blush:

swoooosh

yes - nice event. rode nearly all on my own as there were no other quick(ish) guys in the 1st group. think the new course for this year is perhaps a touch harder even tho tanhurst lane has been removed. horseblock as last climb was beastly :smile:

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
swoooosh said:
yes - nice event. rode nearly all on my own as there were no other quick(ish) guys in the 1st group. think the new course for this year is perhaps a touch harder even tho tanhurst lane has been removed. horseblock as last climb was beastly :smile:

I think I got back in one of the last positions...I didn't even look at my time but I think my little group got back in about 6 and a half hours. We [obviously] weren't going for it or even watching the clock.

The first guy, at least got to one of the last checkpoints 20 minutes before the next person!! Was that you? ;)

I think Tanhurst lane was where we had some driver problems last year. I thought the guy had knocked my Mum off and she thought he'd knocked me off :biggrin:. He was speeding and then doing wheel spins and aiming at people. I should of gone up and smacked his wing mirrors off.

I'll tell you what though. My arse ached when I got home :urgh:.

edit:

LOL...

http://www.dietandfitnesstoday.com/caloriesBurnedInfo.php?weight=82&duration=480&id=5

As a rough estimate I'd of burnt off over 5000 calories saying I was cycling for 8 hours (the event, getting there and back...and a bit of faffing around). As I stuck in a low average, which is only because I was struggling up hills I reckon it'd be more.

Top Bottom