Anyone doing the Worcester reliability tomorrow?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mds101

what's a reliability ride?

OP
OP
bonk man

bonk man

A reliability ride is a mass start event, rather like a sportive but at a fraction of the cost.... usually a couple of quid:biggrin:

The idea is to get round a set route, between 35 and 80 miles between time limits, there are rules against going too fast but it is unlikely many people can go fast enough in the winter to get that side of the time limit... not sure how fast it is but about 22 mph or similar.. if you are very slow then the tea and cakes will be eaten when you get back..

The last couple of events I have done there have been about 70 riders taking part and these are split into fast and not so fast, the faster ones usually the more elite types.

Not a race but most folk go as fast as they can and there is always some kudos for getting back 1st, bit like a sportive,, as I say..

Any bike can be used, I use a 1960's Moulton 'cause I am silly but everything from 3 grand carbon race bikes to old touring iron with mudguards and rack..

A good intro to the racing scene as you will be hanging onto a wheel and grovelling up hills like in a proper race:tongue:

There is no broom wagon and most are not sign posted to you have to be reliable as does your bike..

Phew..... I think that is it:smile: oh yeh.... you don't need a licence:biggrin:

OP
OP
bonk man

bonk man

upandover said:
grovelling up hills? Down on drops?

on this bloody bike you will...

m8n48y.jpg
[/IMG]

:laugh:

Top Bottom