Anyone done the Kilo Tour of the Peak?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roubaix murry

Hi
I am thinking of entering this sportive this year, I have heard its fairly challenging and sold out last year.
Has anyone on here done it and if so how did you find it?

Cheers

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Not doing it myself, but congrats on choosing a brilliant forum name!

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
I'll not be doing it. Don;'t see the point of paying to ride round roads I ride on all year :smile:

Saying that the route is pretty good. There's some fairly testing climbs and some exciting descents buit in.

Main problem with the Tour is likely to be the weather. It can be pretty bloody 'orrible up on the tops at that time of year. Prepare for the wind/rain, the moors are very exposed and it can turn nasty very quickly.

*edit - just realised it's now in August, not at the end of October like it was a couple of years ago. What I said about the weather is still true :smile: but a bit less likely.

Chris.IOW

It was a toss up between this and the Evans Ride It King of the Pennines for my annual trip Up North.! The King of the Pennines won this year, but I think I might do this one next year. Would be good to hear what you think of it.

moolarb

did this last year, it's a cracking route though very tough - I was cramping up after Winnats Pass and that was about half way

there are some similar events in the area but I think this is the only one with Cat & Fiddle, Winnats and Holme Moss

I'd also recommend the CTC Phil Liggett Challenge - similar route/distance but cheaper and more relaxed

Top Bottom