Anyone else still wearing shorts?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
TrevorM

TrevorM

3 degrees at 8:30 this morning so wore longs for the first time.
Was glad of them for the first half hour but after that I would have preferred shorts.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Shorts all year for me. Just find my legs never get cold and shorts are more comfortable and quicker to dry while at work if it's raining. My hands are another matter - gloves essential at 40 deg F and below. In Cambridge, funny lot that they are, a lot of cyclists / peds are kitted out like they're about to explore the Arctic- I spotted the first woolly hat in August! Bloomin' softies !!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I walked up to the village this morning in shorts does that count

And I just re-felted my shed roof whilst in shorts.. we are a hard bunch on CycleChat aren't we
thumbsup.png
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
I've been wearing legwarmers since September. Only time I've had bare legs since has been for a few 'cross races.

I don't wear a wooly hat in August though.

I'm a complete pussy, I'm afraid, went out today with Rezillo and had bib shorts, thick longs over the top, short sleeved shirt, long sleeved shirt and windproof jacket over the top. Neoprene booties over the shoes and Aldi winter gloves on my poor little paws. Felt reasonably comfortable, if a bit constricted.

Since last winter when I lost heaps of weight (3.5 stone so far and weight still dropping) I have really felt the cold. I didn't cycle last winter, hadn't got back into it at that stage, but at night I found I had to heap the bed with a thick duvet and another double one on top folded in half to give effectively three duvets on top of me, otherwise I just couldn't keep warm. Even then I often needed a hotty bottle to get the feet warm! Odd, because in the past I have never suffered from the cold but couldn't stand the heat.

Gordon

Maz

Guru
I was wearing dhb tights under baggies. I rode past some schoolgirls and one said to the other "why is that man wearing tights?"

HelenD123

Guru
I'm back in shorts, but then I am in California (runs for cover...).

Top Bottom