Anyone ever used (or even seen) a Michaud Pannier Bag in the wild?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lozatron

I need a new pannier bag...about a year ago I *thought* I did but the good people of this parish helped me fix my old one. This time I absolutely, definitely do need a new one...

I am very interested in the Michaud bag - it's pricy but I feel like I deserve a treat after being knocked off my bike a couple of weeks ago. The big concern I have is that I've never seen one in the wild - never in a shop nor on another London commuter's bike - and I've seen all sorts (including a Kona Ute with two plastic samonsite suitcases attached to it - nice work!).

Now London bike commuters come in all shapes and sizes, and lots of us are very happy to waste wisely spend large amounts of money on not strictly necessary stuff - does the fact that I haven't seen them mean there's something fundamentally wrong with these bags? Did the company just do a terrible job of promoting them? Or do I have a perfect opportunity here to cement my status as cycle commuting thought leader, trendsetter and fashion victim?

Thanks, as always...

joolsybools

I've never heard of the brand, maybe it's French? Do you actually need to carry a laptop? Am possibly being pedantic, but do you need a laptop pannier or just a bog standard pannier? If bog standard, I would go with Ortlieb for waterproofyness, I've got the back-roller classic...

Sorry to hear about your off, hope you are ok. sounds like the perfect excuse for a bit of retail therapy :biggrin:

OP
OP
Lozatron

Lozatron

Thanks - I definitely need a laptop bag which I can use as a briefcase when I go to meetings. I have a system...the laptop along with a carrier bag containing socks, shirt, pants and trousers folded flat in the laptop bag and shoes, toilet bag and repair kit in a back-roller classic on the other. To mess with that system would mess with my happiness...

Yes I am fine thanks! Slight bruising but everything working - I am a little more nervous on the bike however...

maggie_0

I have one of these: http://bikefranchise.co.uk/ProductDetail.aspx?pc=2&pt=33&pg=3620
I put my laptop in a sleeve and then into the rucksack bit which I zip off the pannier and carry on my back for extra safety. My clothes go in with the laptop too.
Then the side pockets store things like my packed lunch, waterproof trousers, pump, repair kit and anything misc I might need for the day.
It can get heavy, but never have to leave anything at home. :smile:

Top Bottom