Anyone fancy some slalom biking?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I know a man who would ! @I like Skol

Do some skids ! ;)

mustang1

Guru
I was thinking the other day that to stop motorists from jumping red lights, the authorities should put stingers that auto-deploy when the traffic lights are red and blow out the car tyres. That will stop motorists going through!

But then I saw this post about bollards; I wonder if it's a better idea to have Ballard's that pop up from the road surface when the lights go red? That will be quite expensive: the stingers will be better.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
I think to be fair to the council that pavement is very wide. If there was simply a line of bollards along the edge of the pavement some drivers would simply drive onto the path further up and into the space between the bollards and the garden walls. Some people feel that they are entitled to drive and/or park anywhere they like.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
I was thinking the other day that to stop motorists from jumping red lights, the authorities should put stingers that auto-deploy when the traffic lights are red and blow out the car tyres. That will stop motorists going through!

But then I saw this post about bollards; I wonder if it's a better idea to have Ballard's that pop up from the road surface when the lights go red? That will be quite expensive: the stingers will be better.

Personally I would develop a device to be fitted to all new cars (pressure from insurance companies could see it being fitted as an optional extra to existing vehicles.) The device would monitor things like jumping red lights, mobile phone use, etc. - we must have the technology do do that - and a "score" would be totted up. Nothing would happen at that point but the next time they tried to use the car it would be disabled for a period of time depending on the score. "Red light jumped = 30 minutes delay", etc. People would soon get seriously fed up with their car being unable to start the instant they needed it and would hopefully modify their behaviour.

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
A good excuse to talk bollards

A lot on here already do!

Top Bottom