Anyone got a Triban 3?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

billy92

I understand that people cannot really judge for me. But i have been looking at getting a Triban 3 but was unsure about what size to get. The frame seems to be a little different to other bikes which makes it seem a bit smaller to me.

Im just over 6ft3 and i am unsure if i should get a 60cm or 63cm. Does anybody have a triban 3 who would be able to give me some dvice

sabian92

Über Member
I'd just go and sit on it and see what feels right, nothing else will give you the best idea. See if you can ride it for a bit and feel the difference.

Fubar

Guru
I understand that people cannot really judge for me. But i have been looking at getting a Triban 3 but was unsure about what size to get. The frame seems to be a little different to other bikes which makes it seem a bit smaller to me.

Im just over 6ft3 and i am unsure if i should get a 60cm or 63cm. Does anybody have a triban 3 who would be able to give me some dvice

Hi, yes I have a Triban 3 but I doubt I'll be much help - I'm only 5'5''! Not sure that that frames are any different, as above I would go and try it out for yourself. There are quite a few with Tribans on here (Monkspeed, Edwards80) so I'm sure a few will be along presently. :thumbsup: Regards, Mark

OP
OP
billy92

billy92

Ive been to decathlon and had a look but apparently i "didnt look right" on a 60cm so im kind of unsure.

By different frames i mean that when i went into evens cycles to look at bikes and tried a 59cm bike it seemed much bigger than the 60cm of the triban 3. Also, as they don't get the 63cm very often i havn't been able to try one of these out which is also why im asking.

Fubar

Guru
Ive been to decathlon and had a look but apparently i "didnt look right" on a 60cm so im kind of unsure.

By different frames i mean that when i went into evens cycles to look at bikes and tried a 59cm bike it seemed much bigger than the 60cm of the triban 3. Also, as they don't get the 63cm very often i havn't been able to try one of these out which is also why im asking.

Might be worth PMing Edwards80 for some more advice, though I wouldn't put too much stock on someone in Decathlon saying you "didn't look right" - it's how it feels for you that's important. There is a lot of advice on here about bike setup, sizes, etc. but you have to go on personal preference as well. The Triban 3 is good value for the money by the way, loving mine so far. Regards, Mark

Alembicbassman

Confused.com
Decathlon size their bikes on the small side. I have an XL Rockrider MTB which works out at a 21 inch frame in old money, whereas my Giant is sized Large and is 55.5cm 22 inches.

I looked at the 57cm Triban and it was a tad too small for me at 6ft 1, they didn't have a 60cm though so I bought a Giant Defy 4.

There's no common standard so try before you buy.

OP
OP
billy92

billy92

Thanks for the advice. Ill go and have a proper look later on today. I think the 60cm may be slightly too small for me which is kind of annoying.

I'm 6ft2" and literally just bought a Triban 3 the other day. I got the 60cm one, perfect for me but everyone obviously differs! As you said mate, go down and take a look and have a go on both to see which one feels better.

OP
OP
billy92

billy92

I dont think they are getting the 63 for another month which means i cant try that out. Im gonna have a look at the 60 again though now i have a better idea of what i should be looking for

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I'm 5'11" and have the 60 but I feel a little stretched out (but not uncomfortable) due to the top tube length, however it is perfect for leg length (the next size down felt too short). You will only know if the 63 is best by trying it out - I'd wait for them to get one in as you'll find it difficult to find better value new for the price.

OP
OP
billy92

billy92

Popped down earlier and tried a 63 out in the triban 5 and think its the better fit. Definitely felt easier to ride. Looks like ive got the long wait now until they can get the triban 3 in 63. :sad:

Top Bottom