Anyone here own a Penny-farthing?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisKH

Guru
I know there are one or two who post on here that do. On the last trip to Southend (FNrttc) a chappie turned up at breakfast on one. Someone said he had not long returned from a trip round the world on it.

Impressive eh? The ultimate fixie road trip.

Tharg2007

Veteran
haha, excellent idea. I often ponder about using ridiculous or unusual bikes for the commute :sad:
It would certainly get you noticed and also raise awareness of bicycles.
Would like to see people commuting on penny farthings, unicycles, tall bikes, quadricycles, tandems, freak bikes, icecream bikes or anything out of the ordinary.
I have even considered taking the kiddy trailer without the kid just for the nuisance value and the extra workout

Tony

ChrisKH said:
I know there are one or two who post on here that do. On the last trip to Southend (FNrttc) a chappie turned up at breakfast on one. Someone said he had not long returned from a trip round the world on it.

Impressive eh? The ultimate fixie road trip.
Yes, you can find him on CGOAB.

Ben M

next year I might start commuting on my unicycle... it's a 10 min walk, so I think that my unicycling abilities might just manage to get me there in one piece!

Someone called?

I do own several and am the UK's only professional Penny Rider:biggrin:

I have toured on mine and will be doing so again in October - but not around the world, I leave that to mad people.

Hilldodger said:
Someone called?

I do own several and am the UK's only professional Penny Rider:biggrin:

I have toured on mine and will be doing so again in October - but not around the world, I leave that to mad people.

Are you claiming a modicum of sanity?

Top Bottom