Anyone know jQuery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Does anyone know anything about using jQuery?
I am trying to get it to create fancy tooltips and can get it working when the script is referencing the online version of JQuery but cant get it to work locally (offline)
This is in the head tags and this works fine

<!-- Full version of jQuery Tools + jQuery 1.3.2 -->
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdn.jquerytools.org/1.1.2/full/jquery.tools.min.js"></script>

However if I change it to this it doesnt work??

<script type="text/javascript" src="../../$BASE_PATH$/Scripts/jquery.tools.min.js"></script>

I have download the js linked to in the first option so I am confident that is correct.
The file path is correct (the images are in the same folder and they are ok

The error message on the page is
Webpage error details
User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; GTB6.3; Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1) ; Embedded Web Browser from: http://bsalsa.com/; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; InfoPath.1; OfficeLiveConnector.1.3; OfficeLivePatch.0.0)
Timestamp: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 10:28:24 UTC

Line: 1
Char: 1
Code: 0
URI: file:///C:/Users/Ian/Documents/HEAT/$BASE_PATH$/Scripts/jquery.tools.min.js

Line: 99
Char: 5
Code: 0
URI: file:///C:/Users/Ian/Documents/HEAT/HTML demos/ToolTip/jQuery.demo.small.htm

This is my first attempt at using jQuery.

Dan B

Disengaged member
Your second script element seems to have a trailing "close comment" marker (the "-->" bit) following it. Is that in the actual page or is it a victim of cut & paste?

Carwash

Señor Member
lifeson said:
<script type="text/javascript" src="../../$BASE_PATH$/Scripts/jquery.tools.min.js"></script>

Are you sure that's right... two levels up from your 'base' path?

OP
OP
lifeson

lifeson

Carwash said:
Are you sure that's right... two levels up from your 'base' path?

Yes that is correct but I think I may have solved it.
The version in the path as shown may have been corrupt and I have replaced it with 1.4.2 and it now seems to work although I need to a bit more testing :biggrin::sad:

lifeson said:

Looking at that message it does say that it finds the jquery.tools.min.js file, but the first character is invalid...so I'd go with a corrupt file as you suspect.

One thing I have learned with VS is to read the message, it is all to tempting to gloss over something and start puzzling. Spent many an hour suspecting stuff only to realise it was in front of my face all along. :blush:

Top Bottom