Anyone lost a Blue Budgie?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
New arrival - much to Jack the Dog's dismay - a budgie flew into the cuckoo's nest this afternoon apparently. Flapped about a bit but is fairly tame...
It is sleeping on the kitchen tap at the moment.
I have been unable to type as it has been eating bird food from the space where my keyboard goes. There are grainy bits everywhere and consumption occured on page 42 of the current Specialized catalogue. Discharge occured on page 43 - one in particular dropping nicely on the r in Pro - giving a bike title of Roubaix Poo.
Canvassed the neighbours - (within tent:tongue:) - no luck.
Get this. Phoned the local police number. Big, sympathetic conversation with the telephonist..."old ladies / children" etc etc
Got put through to Hounslow as the local station shuts at 20:00.
The desk officer at Plod Mansions had never had a 'missing bird problem' and gave me the number of Battersea Dogs Home - I kid you not.
I am trying to teach the bloody thing to bark at the moment - in readiness!:evil:
I was rather hoping a Pet Community Support Officer would come and take it away - but they are not trained for that.
"No names - no pack Trill"
One lost bird.
And I am one of those worriers for little things :wacko:

Abitrary

If there was a lack of response to this thread aperitif, it was probably because people clicked on, salivating thinking it was a 'raleigh budgie', and entry level bike in the Chopper, Tomahawk ladder:

http://www.rnlawrence.btinternet.co.uk/tomahawk.htm

And not an actual avionically inclined carbon based life form.

I'm trying to recycle this one!
fp153b.jpg

Thanks for the info on Budgies though
I have just realised I'm typing in budgie doos :biggrin:

longers

Legendary Member
That's Bobby!

All budgies are called Bobby. Or they were in my Grans house regardless of whether they were boys or girls.

Doesn't Budgerigar translate from the Aborigine for "good to eat"?

longers said:
That's Bobby!

All budgies are called Bobby. Or they were in my Grans house regardless of whether they were boys or girls.

Doesn't Budgerigar translate from the Aborigine for "good to eat"?

'Woof!' Couldn't agree more says Jack.
So far this morning it has been a busy dog day: A heron - who departed tout de suite, two foxes lounging on next door's shed roof, a squirrel that has run the gauntlet and a blue budgie in the kitchen...
...only need a cat now.:biggrin:

Globalti

Legendary Member
I caught one in our garden once by tempting it with some rice crispies. It's the only bird I've ever seduced with cereal.

We ended up giving it to a local bird sanctuary who had dozens of budges, that people had handed in.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Aw, it's sweet! Suggest you ring the RSPCA, they can come and take it away for you, probably rehome it if no-one claims it.

I had a nice collared dove sitting in my window box yesterday. Very pretty close up. There are a pair flying about, I wondered if they were looking out nest sites...

buggi

Bird Saviour
also ring...
local vets, local pet shops (people often tell the pet shop) and animal sanctuary's and there might be some kind of "petsearch" in your area.

Top Bottom