Anyone Lost Any Keys?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex H

Legendary Member
Slim chance I guess - NCN 1 between Hipsburn and Warkworth.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I am in the doghouse as yesterday I managed to lose both mine and MrsDs car keys.
Don't say if Classic.....they are not next to my passport.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I lost a car key once whilst walking my beloved, and long dead, mutt up on Scout Scar, Kendal.

Whoever found it must've blipped the car in the car park and then helpfully put a note under the windscreen wiper explaning where she/he had then hidden it (the key not the car). ^_^

Thankfully, we live in a very low crime area.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I lost a car key once whilst walking my beloved, and long dead mutt, up on Scout Scar, Kendal.

Whoever found it must've blipped the car in the car park and then helpfully put a note under the windscreen wiper explaning where she/he had then hidden it (the key not the car). ^_^

Thankfully, we live in a very low crime area.
Smart thinking! I think you were lucky - not so much to not have the car stolen, but to get the key back like that.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
When I had my last motorhome I never ever went outside without a set of keys. Got me out of potential trouble a couple of times. I carry this habit over to my present car as a friend with the same make and model found out the hard way that due to some electronic quirk it can spontaneously close any open windows and lock the doors with the keys still in the ignition. This was in a ferry queue but fortunately another friend who was a car mechanic got it open in time.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
So I go out to do some essential shopping during lockdown. I buy some stuff but can't find my change and keys pursey thing. Odd, I thought I'd put it in my pocket. Never mind must've left it behind so I pay by card (different pursey thing). I then go on to do more essential shopping and pay by card. On the way back I notice something in the gutter where I'd earlier parked the car. You guessed it - my missing pursey thing. Intact with keys and dosh. It was about 2 hrs between parking there and returning that way. Normally that parking slot would have filled up the moment I'd vacated it so I wouldn't have seen it. So fortunate that there was no other cars about (lockdown) and that no one had "found" it.

Top Bottom