Anyone need any graphic design work doing?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HorTs

Über Member
I do some part time graphic design work and looking to expand my portfolio, so if any of you have any logos, leaflets, flyers, posters, etc that need producing or renewing give me a shout.

I'm not expecting any payment.

Shaun

Founder
Just out of interest, do you have an online portfolio where we can see your previous work? ^_^

AndyRM

XOXO
Why on earth are you not wanting paid for producing work for people? You don't have to charge the earth for what you're doing, but it devalues your skill and IME creates false expectation within the marketplace.

I've had initial meetings with clients and all has been going fine until the subject of money comes up, 'Oh, I thought it would be free' or 'I could do it myself in Word': No, it's not; be my guest!

Actually, fair enough I can understand you not wanting to charge forum members - check out this site to earn some cash: http://99designs.co.uk/

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Why on earth are you not wanting paid for producing work for people? ...

He's wanting to expand his portfolio. I'm sure he does want to be paid in the long term, but for expanding a portfolio, freebies work.
When i started in Web Design i built a few websites for free just so the portfolio page on my website had more than two examples on it.

Shaun

Founder
Same here; local small businesses got a free website (nothing lasvish) and I got some real-world experience of both designing to a breif, and of doing business with clients. (And being a bit green, as I started to charge for work I got ripped off a couple of times too - good lessons to learn early on!! ;))

@HorTs - is design work your full-time occupation, or something you're interested in and want to move to?

AndyRM

XOXO
He's wanting to expand his portfolio. I'm sure he does want to be paid in the long term, but for expanding a portfolio, freebies work.
When i started in Web Design i built a few websites for free just so the portfolio page on my website had more than two examples on it.

Yeah I jumped the gun a bit, my bad. Get paid in beer, if nothing else :cheers:

Shaun

Founder
Hey everyone - @AndyRM is buying us all a beer ... quick, get to the bar!!! :bravo:

Top Bottom