anyone planting tulips?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
this past weekend, Mom had me plant some tulips at her house & the cemetery. I might be a little early. 1st frost isn't expected until the end of October. hope the squirrels don't dig them up

Wifey wants me to plant some at our house, so that will be fun

anyone ever hear about tulips that sprout early, some that sprout middle season? & some that sprout late?

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I have a hundred or do daffodils to plant soon, but no tulips, though. 🌷

All uphill

Still rolling along
I'm planning to put some in on Wednesday. It's unlikely to stay warm for much longer - nights are noticeably cooler now.

Last year I splashed out on a tool to cut a core out of the ground - bit like a giant apple-corer; makes planting bulbs a doddle.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
anyone ever hear about tulips that sprout early, some that sprout middle season? & some that sprout late?
Yes: last season I had some mid season tulip bulbs, this year I bough a lot of mixed spring flowering bulbs, some tulips were included.
Last year I splashed out on a tool to cut a core out of the ground - bit like a giant apple-corer; makes planting bulbs a doddle.
I know, it's a brilliant tool!
I've already made up some spring bulb pots, hopefully last year's will come back too.
As I take care of some communal areas in the housing scheme, I have got about 500 bulbs to go into the ground :whistle:
I'm starting tomorrow after work, with the bulk being planted this weekend.

Wifey says we have one of those! but I haven't seen any such tool. thinking about buying a big bag of bulbs & going a little nutz

I'm guessing she has something like this

View: https://youtu.be/kOL7VwgmSWQ?si=DHexdXNTzkH2aXz1

I won't be planting in the middle of an established lawn so I don't think there's any need for the more robust tools in this vid

View: https://youtu.be/ZB7rrUcSAkg?si=RjVbu8lbXn4xZrL5

Last edited:
Top Bottom