Anyone riding the Cumbria Christmas Cracker 7/12/08?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jonathan M

http://www.epicevents.org/section.php?xSec=17

I've just signed up for this ride - anyone else planning to do this? I fully expect to be out for maybe 6 or 7 hours - it would be my first decent ride for several years. On the plus side, it means I've still got more than 2 months to ensure some sort of fitness to avoid total embarrassment. Still, was out at the weekend and managed a 45km ride locally without too much trouble, looks like the spinning at the gym is paying off!!

Ceedee

Hi, I have just signed up. This will be my first sportive, although I have ridden a few routes after the event. Lets hope the weather is fine! Good luck.

OP
OP
J

Jonathan M

I'm preparing for a day that is wet,frosty, windy snowy, sunny.....

Training has slipped over the last week or so due to a virus,hope to get back to it soon.

OP
OP
J

Jonathan M

Event cancelled, just had a text from Epic Events describing conditions as dangerous, I presume that someone from the organisers has been around the route today and just found the roads too icy.

dmb

A friend had driven up the day before, got his text message about canellation at Leeds thought is was a wind up and carried on all the way up

Top Bottom