Anyone used Panaracer Gravel Kings?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

park1

Just wondering if anyone has used the Panaracer Gravel King 28c tyres?

I would be using them for commuting so wanted to know how they compared to something like a gatorskin in terms of puncture resistance?

Thank you.

Bump.

I'm also considering getting some of these in 28mm or 32mm. Hoping they might make for good winter commuting tyres on the road and then be decent in the drier weather for some light-moderate off roading on gravel, towpaths, green lanes etc.

Anyone able to review them for puncture protection, rolling resistance, durability etc?

Cheers.

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
I have a set and have found them to be decently comfortable, robust and quite nippy (on a 650b steel tourer / adventurer). Company are making some very high end tyres for 650b crowd and flogging a twice price of GKs

U

User169

I've got them on my gravel bike. They say 35mm, although Panaracer now sells them as 38mm.

I suppose I've ridden about 1500km on them and had one puncture.

I rode them tubeless for a while (about 500km) with one puncture, easily sealed. They were fine in the summer but once the paths started getting muddy were a bit too slick for my liking (ok, a LOT too slick). I switched to G-Ones and would never go back. They feel faster, have more grip and so far have proved very durable indeed. (Running 650b on a Slate)

I've got them on my gravel bike. They say 35mm, although Panaracer now sells them as 38mm.

I suppose I've ridden about 1500km on them and had one puncture.

Are you sure? I'm asking about the standard Gravel Kings, which I can find in sizes 23-32mm.
https://www.winstanleysbikes.co.uk/product/69995/Panaracer_Gravel_King_Tyre

Are you and @woodenspoons perhaps using the SK version, with deeper tread, like these?
https://www.sigmasport.co.uk/item/P...VyuMbCh0nDQj4EAQYASABEgLFzPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

U

User169

Are you sure? I'm asking about the standard Gravel Kings, which I can find in sizes 23-32mm.
https://www.winstanleysbikes.co.uk/product/69995/Panaracer_Gravel_King_Tyre

Are you and @woodenspoons perhaps using the SK version, with deeper tread, like these?
https://www.sigmasport.co.uk/item/P...VyuMbCh0nDQj4EAQYASABEgLFzPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Apologies. Yes, I have the SK version.

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
My GF has a 26mm GK on the back of her bike. It's done just under 4000 miles with no punctures in year round riding.
Most of the use has been on-road with some gravel (usually when I choose the route .....), day rides and credit card touring.
The tyre doesn't have any cuts and the only thing that gives its age away is that the tread is squared off..
GF hasn't commented on either lack of grip or speed.
When I fitted the tyre, it went on very easily, something that I regards as a major bonus should the tyre need to be "fixed" at the side of the road.
Having said all that, I think she's very kind to tyres; the 25mm Schwalbe One on the front of the bike has done ~2500 miles. It looks like new and again, no punctures.
For the price, I reckon the Gravelking is a real bargain.

Based on this experience (and some favourable reviews), I've just fitted a 32mm Gravelking SK to the rear of my bike. It's too early to tell (only 25miles) but it seems to roll well. It'll be used year round on the same type of rides as above but it'll also get a lot more gravel bashing.
I'll report back.
If all goes according to plan, I'll get another GK SK for the front wheel to replace the 28mm Marathon Supreme that's on there ATM.
That's another great tyre IMO......

I rode them tubeless for a while (about 500km) with one puncture, easily sealed. They were fine in the summer but once the paths started getting muddy were a bit too slick for my liking (ok, a LOT too slick). I switched to G-Ones and would never go back. They feel faster, have more grip and so far have proved very durable indeed. (Running 650b on a Slate)

Another :thumbsup: for the Schwalbe One family; had S-Ones(actually have just put the less worn one of a pair on a front wheel today) and they were really good and now have the X-Ones on the XLS which are also as good.

Top Bottom