Anyone used trackmyjourney?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I hope this is the right place for this.

I've just got a sat nav receiver for my mobile phone (sat nav holux m1200 and phone k850i). I want to use it in the car on the odd occasion where I am going somewhere I don't know and for cycling.

I'm planning on doing some recreational rides next year (especially if I do end up getting a new bike!) so I want to use the sat nav to avoid getting lost. For that, I have installed amazegps. However, it would also be bice to be able to track my rides, i.e. where I went, height climbed, calories burned etc.

So I came across this. Has anyone used this? Is it any good? I've installed it on my mobile, but I won't probably be able to use it in anger for a while, so I wondered if anyone else had come across this....

dudi

Hi Magna,
I've used TMJ on my blackberry, and it's pretty good. the only problem is that you have to make the maps yourself, and this takes some time.

other than that, it's a great program. you can load tracks to follow, put waypoints on, download your route data once you get home. the maps can be made with various zoom levels. it's pretty a groovy program.

Make sure you don't set the GPS signal interval too low, otherwise you'll get crazy spikes in your speed.

Another prog you might be interested in is TrekBuddy. it's a mapping system like TMJ, but i haven't been able to track my routes on it yet (though i'm sure you can). The benefit of this is that you can make much larger maps and store them in atlases, this makes it much more convenient to use.

Top Bottom