Are Carrera bikes any good?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
i bought a virtuoso, although the frame is all that's left of the original purchase. that said, the only reason i got into the upgrading game was because the 42x25 lowest ratio was too big for the local hills. The original finishing kit went on another bike, and has performed admirably, day in, day out.

the bike holds its own in the club run peleton, which is as much as i need it to do.

Halfords recently put the price of the Carrera's UP to cover the cost of this so called 'discount'... After the discount your paying around 20% more then in May 2009 and approx 30% more then in Jan sales.

BLAKEY063

I have had a Virago 2002, bought second hand a few years old, for half the price it cost new.Very light (magnesium frame) with Shimano 105's all round. Great bike. Treat Halfords as a source and get any work done elswhere. Had to laugh when my local halfords mechanic attempted to adjust the seat height on my new Boardman, after much twisting, tugging and pulling and a whole lot more sweat I pointed out there were two bolts holding the seat post,not one. Bet he wont forget that again!

Top Bottom