Are MBK bikes any good?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raindog

er.....
I know they make nice frames. I have a friend here who uses three. One as a hack bike for commuting, one for training and the third for racing with carbon forks and carbon seat and chain stays. He swears by them.

edit
thought you might like to know that last year MBK supplied a pro-team - Bretagne Schuller and the bikes are for sale!
http://www.bretagne-schuller.fr/blo...cyclisme-Bretagne-Schuller-2009-sont-a-vendre

raleigh

I've had a Fox Trot women's city bike for many years and it's OK in a town with no steep hills! Now I want to sell it and have no idea how much to ask. I've searched the internet but can't find any for sale. Ideas?

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Holy thread revival! Eleven years ago and started by a drive by posterwho hasn't been on since.
I found one down here the other week and looks a very decent bike. I was almost tempted. The extension to the top tube behind the saddle that houses the clamp for the seat post is neat on this example:

They seem to be quite rare but do come up from time time.

Chris S

Legendary Member
I've had a Fox Trot women's city bike for many years and it's OK in a town with no steep hills! Now I want to sell it and have no idea how much to ask. I've searched the internet but can't find any for sale. Ideas?
Is it a Pure Fix Foxtrot like this?

View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pure-Foxtrot-Fixed-Single-Purple/dp/B006CFDNI8

They're a US brand and sell for less than the equivalent of £300 new. The value of yours would depend as much on your location as well as its condition. I would guess somewhere between £75 and £150.

carpenter

Über Member
@Cycleops : Frame style looks very similar to my MBK Mirage ("internal Crowd-Mo tubing) that I gave to my future son in law.
I missed it; so bought another MBK frame from France (Vitus GTI tubing) which is now waiting for some dry weather for a few rides.

They used several tube types (I have seen them in Reynolds, Columbus and Vitus), and seem to be popular in the rest of Europe - just UK seems a little disinterested.
I have seen them described as MBK = made by Klingons :smile:
I think that they have been made in Taiwan since the mid eighties (similar company history to Raleigh I suppose).

carpenter

Über Member
I believe so, I think that MBK is now owned by an "investment group"

raleigh

Is it a Pure Fix Foxtrot like this?

View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pure-Foxtrot-Fixed-Single-Purple/dp/B006CFDNI8

They're a US brand and sell for less than the equivalent of £300 new. The value of yours would depend as much on your location as well as its condition. I would guess somewhere between £75 and £150.

No, it doesn't have a bar across like most men's bikes do. It's like 2 hockey sticks (L-shape bars) connecting the handlebar with the frame which the saddle sits on. There are 2 separate small struts in between the 'hockey sticks'. The only one I've seen on the Net which looks similar to mine is one reported stolen in 2015! ...and it's the same colour - pink. I've had my bike for much longer than 2015 I hasten to add.

Top Bottom