Are there any Priests or other members of the clergy on the board????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I was on the payroll of Opus Dei when I was an English Assistant in Spain. Does that make me priestly?

TVC

Auntie Helen said:
Have I gone?

Helenasavicar.jpg

:wacko: I don't recall seeing you post round here for a while - sorry:blush:

I am still interested as to why Greedo suddenly needs a priest though.

OP
OP
G

Greedo

hope it hasn't kept you awake?

I don't need one. I met one through business and it worked out after talking to him for half an hour he was a priest.

It was just a bit strange as he might be getting involved in a business venture as he does property developing on a small scale way with money her was left when his parents died. Just surprised me at the time as most people I would meet through something like are as they say round these parts. "as wide as the clyde"

He also mentioned he cycled quite a bit.

The Velvet Curtain said:
:wacko: I don't recall seeing you post round here for a while - sorry:blush:

I am still interested as to why Greedo suddenly needs a priest though.

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
BTW I'm not a vicar really, I was just mucking about dressing up in my chum's clothes (he is a vicar).

However I do have the right sort of degrees to become a vicar, if the mood took me (which it won't!)

Greedo, my friend was a pastor for a local Baptist (I think) Church until he retired. He runs a Theological Development company along with his son, so perhaps this person you met was a pastor rather than a fully ordained Vicar or Minister.

P.S. Auntie Helen you do look the part in you friends vestments.

OP
OP
G

Greedo

Na he was a fully bonafide, ordained catholic priest!

After i shafted him on the deal he took my confession :biggrin:

Headgardener said:
Greedo, my friend was a pastor for a local Baptist (I think) Church until he retired. He runs a Theological Development company along with his son, so perhaps this person you met was a pastor rather than a fully ordained Vicar or Minister.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Auntie Helen said:
BTW I'm not a vicar really, I was just mucking about dressing up in my chum's clothes (he is a vicar).

The mind boggles. I know the C of E is pretty liberal these days (at least among consenting adults in private) but I didn't think it tended to encourage cross-dressing costume fetish parties at its churches.

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
srw said:
The mind boggles. I know the C of E is pretty liberal these days (at least among consenting adults in private) but I didn't think it tended to encourage cross-dressing costume fetish parties at its churches.
Ah, it was in the vicarage back garden, and it's an old chum I've known years before he became a vicar. But he is a liberal vicar anyway...

Top Bottom