Are you an optimist or a pessimist?

Half full or half empty?

• Full

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Empty

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Landslide

Rare Migrant
I used to be half-empty, but life half-full is a lot better for my mental health!

col

Legendary Member
beanzontoast said:
Ah - but when you talk to others, do you talk about expecting the worst or about hoping for the best?

Good point:smile: I suppose i expect the worst in reality which helps keep me safe i think,rather than not expecting it and having a close call or worse.Thats if iv understood what you said correctly?:sad:

snakehips

Half full ? half empty ?

I think the glass is too small (usually)

regards.jpg
from.jpg
snakehips.jpg

col said:
Good point:smile: I suppose i expect the worst in reality which helps keep me safe i think,rather than not expecting it and having a close call or worse.Thats if iv understood what you said correctly?:sad:

Yes - I'm a bit like that, though I tend not to talk about my 'prepare for the worst' attitude out loud, because it can sound pessimistic. It's hard to share a fear or a problem without sounding pessimistic sometimes, though.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
All the bloody optimists were up on this thread around 8am.....

the pessimists, or what i refer to as the normal people, eased themselves in after 10am, like civilized folk.....

It's hard to remain optimistic when you're looking for a job in haulage at the moment. I'm considering applying to my local Aldi as a shelf stacker or checkout operator ... doing 5 8 hour shifts at the rates on their website would leave me with around the same money I get at the moment for a 50 hour week, once you factor in the fact that I wouldn't be spending maybe £15 a day on petrol.

Blue

Legendary Member
My glass is always full.

I love my life. I always worked hard, nearly always made the right moves and ended up is a situation where I see nothing but enjoyment for the rest of my natural - which I trust will last for many years.

Top Bottom