Argh @@@~~~~####

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
Someone has had a go at our garage door,it is all buckled and arm arm inside has been sprung,so it needs replacing, the whole door.We have been informed by the company to inform the Police.Lucky it is only two years old and a very good door,so they did not get in.The bikes are safe.:hyper::heat::bravo:.

ScotiaLass

Guru
Someone has had a go at our garage door,it is all buckled and arm arm inside has been sprung,so it needs replacing, the whole door.We have been informed by the company to inform the Police.Lucky it is only two years old and a very good door,so they did not get in.The bikes are safe.:hyper::heat::bravo:.
Glad to hear it!!

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Whilst its bloody nuisance an' all that, at least the door did what it's supposed to do and keep the thieving bastid cunting scum out.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Yikes, very scary. I would be worried about them coming back for a second go (don't want to worry you but it's the suspicious way my mind works). Do you think it was your bikes that were being targeted, is it likely that your bike 'habit' could have attracted the attention of the thieving scumbags or was it likely a random attempt at breaking in? It sounds a bit too specific and determined to be an opportunist trying their luck.

What are you going to do straight away to improve the security? You need this securing before tonight in my opinion and if you can move your bikes to another location for a couple of weeks then I would recommend it (I am saying this as I assume, like me, that you will have a fleet of mid range bikes that if having to be replaced would cost a few £thousand to buy new?).

Do you have any kind of local homewatch or gossip network? It would be worth finding out if anyone else nearby was also 'visited', at least you will feel better knowing it wasn't just you and your belongings that were the sole target if this were the case.

Leedsbusdriver

Every breath leaves me one less to my last
We have a Hormann up and over garage door with 4 point locking system.Actually the door fitter ordered the 2 point lock system door but a 4 point door was delivered to him by mistake (at no extra cost to him).So we got the better locking system for the same price as the cheaper 2 point locking system which was a bonus.

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
Hello Skol and Leedsbus driver.First of all all the bikes have their own stands and each has it's own lock.We have a security gate on the back garage door,after i lost a bike to a scumbag,who unscrewed the hinges.We also have a security gate to the back garden with lock.Tonight the car is going up to the door,the garage door bloke came at 8-30 and made it safe,and finally leedsbus driver we are getting a Hormann door.
£645----luckily we only pay £150 excess.Thanksa for all the good wishes and advice.going out tomorrow Grassington and Burnsall a lovely long day out.:wahhey:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
:eek: and :heat: - and glad it's :thumbsup: in the end. :hugs:

Top Bottom